This insect praline is delicious to eat on its own but can also be enjoyed on top of ice cream, or with desserts.
You will need
– Tray lined with parchment paper
– A Saucepan
– A Wooden spoon
– Pestle and mortar / knife & chopping board (to crush peanuts)
1. In a saucepan, melt the sugar and water over a medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Split the vanilla pod and place into the mixture, be sure to scrape the seeds out with the back of your knife. Continue to heat until the sugar begins to caramelise (around 4-5 minutes). It is ready when it turns toffee brown and thickens.
3. Remove from the heat and quickly fold in the lime juice, buffalo worms and peanuts. Pour this straight onto a lined tray and spread as thinly as possible using the back of a wooden spoon. Leave to cool in fridge.
4. The praline should set after around 30 minutes. Bash it with a rolling pin to break into bite sized pieces.
If you’d like to try out this recipe you can purchase your edible Buffalo worms here.