This great mealworm flapjacks recipe was given to us kindly by The Edible Insect Network
Flapjacks are a really tasty snack to treat your friends to. The subtle savoury mealworm flavour works really well with the oats. Here’s how you make it…
You will need
1) Take the egg and whisk thoroughly, then melt the butter in the saucepan.
2) Whilst the butter is melting, combine all the other ingredients together in a bowl so that the are evenly spread.
3) Once the butter is melted, mix the egg and butter with all the ingredients really well, then place in the fridge for around an hour until chilled.
4) Tip your mix out onto a baking tray, and spread out until around half an inch thick. Next, place in an oven that has been pre-heated to 170oc (fan assisted). Bake for 20-30 mins, until golden brown, then leave on the side to set for around an hour.
5) Once cooled and set, chop into bite sized chunks, and enjoy your mealworm flapjacks.