spicy grasshoppers with beansprouts
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 60 Eat Grub grasshoppers
- 350g bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Korean chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- fresh coriander
A great snack on their own grasshoppers also make a fantastic centre piece in this dish. The idea here is not to hide them away, but let people know they are eating insects, seeing as many people can be a little hesitant at the thought.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees whilst you prepare the grasshoppers. To do this remove the legs and wings and place in a bowl with one teaspoon of sesame oil, making sure all of the grasshoppers are coated.
2. Place the grasshoppers on a baking tray and dry roast for 8 minutes. Take care not to overcook as they will burn easily.
3. Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a wok and add in the bean sprouts, spring onions and chilli powder. Cook on a high heat for three minutes before adding in the dry roasted grasshoppers and black sesame seeds.
4. Cook for a further thirty seconds, ensuring everything is tossed together. Garnish with the fresh chilli and coriander and to serve.