Protein Enriched Brownie
01 Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5 and line a deep baking tray or brownie tin with parchment paper. Rub the sides of the lined tray with a little butter. This makes it easier to remove the brownie after it has been cooked.
02 Gently melt the butter and sugar together in a large saucepan until the ingredients combine into a pourable liquid. Take off the heat and, using a whisk, whisk in the rest of the ingredients, whisking well. The gentle heat of the melted butter and sugar will melt the chocolate to leave you with a brown-coloured, thick brownie mix.
03 Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the hot oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked. To check, stick the point of a knife or skewer in the centre of the brownie and remove: the brownie is ready when the knife or skewer comes out clean, with no mix on it
04 Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully turn out and cut into 12 large squares
- Makes 12 large brownies
- 225g/8oz/1 cup unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 450g/1lb/2¼ cups caster (superfine) sugar
- 140g/5oz/ milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g/1¾oz scant ½ cup fresh rasberries, plus extra handful to decorate
- 5 eggs
- 100g/3½oz/scant 1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- 50g/1¾ oz/scant½ cup cricket flour
- 50g/1¾oz/½ cup (unsweetened) cocoa powder
These are perfect as a desert, a present for a friend or simply a treat for yourself. Follow the simple instructions for making our delicious, protein enriched brownies.
If you would like to purchase the cricket flour for this recipe, click here